Sunday, February 28, 2010

A new month

Wow, Feb. just flew by... I supposed the fact that it is the shortest month in the year has a little something to do with it.

This month my son will turn two. He has already started practicing for the dreaded "terrible twos." Some of his favorite things to do-
1. scream (at the top of his very effective lungs) MINE! I think he learned this at either his babysitter or where I go to workout. Although there is a kid at his mommy and me Spanish class that picks on him, and steals everything from him telling him "mine."
2. Trying to smack my leg/hand when I tell him no. This gets time out (not effective at this point).
3. Going limp noodle and screaming at the top of his lungs (can you say, owww, my aching ears?)

I have read that the reason for the terrible two is that they are frustrated because they can think what they want, but do not have the verbal skills to get it across. I would have to say 99% of the time, I know what he wants... it is just he can't always have it. "No, peanut, you can't have the (insert something here) object. You will get hurt. No, peanut, you can't eat only bananas..."


That's why I love My Gym! I get to wear him out! He gets so tired from all the exercise, er, fun he gets that he is so tired he just wants to nap.

Now, I joke about wearing him out, but I do think one of the important things is to make sure he gets some time for fitness. Even at (almost) two, it is important. I was not raised on a couch, and my son won't be, either. So, luckily there is a place like My Gym where I can start him on those foundations. He thinks it is just plain fun. He also gets the much needed socialization with kids his own age that so many children with stay-at-home moms don't get. All for about 8 dollars an hour!

If you think you might be interested in trying out a free class give My Gym a call at (909) 307-3929, or check out the website at www.mygym.com, or check out the new YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/mygymredlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment