Thursday, March 18, 2010

A gift for my son

I know, I know, I haven't posted anything... I have had a busy couple of weeks- beginning with a computer crashing on me (what's up with that, mac???)

My son will be turning two at the end of this month. I cannot believe that he has been in my life for two years, yet, I have a hard time imagining what life was before I had him. I can honestly say that I had no idea what love was before I had him. Being a parent just completely changes your perspective on most of your life.

My son is basically the only family I have left. Last year, after he turned a year, I wanted to write him a letter telling him how much he meant to me, but I never got it done. SO, this year I have begun a book of sorts for him. I am going to tell him about my family, about me, about his life growing up so he has it when he is older. There is so much that I dn't know about my family, and I have noone to ask anymore. The nice thing about it is I can write when I can. It is also pretty amazing what I remember when I began writing. I start to remember smells and colors and little things. For example, my paternal grandmother had a blanket on her bed that was white, with little white pom-pom things on it. When I would nap (I was young- she died when I was 8) I would wake up with pom-pom imprints on my face...

I don't know if my son will want it, or if he will care, but at least he can know where he came from.


On another note, I have begun my MyGym training. I spent Monday at the gym shadowing the two others that were working. I will shadow again on Friday. I basically felt awkward and in the way. However, watching the kiddos was extremely cool. I got to see where my son is headed in his growth and I got to see where he came from. I know that I won't be in the gym much working with the kids, but I hope that I can every now and again. Kids are fun!

I also see why my son is so worn out after his MyGym class... I came home and PASSED OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment